The purpose of this policy is to set out how Demak Timber Pty Ltd, ACN 059 222 767, manages any information it collects from its customers, suppliers and website visitors.
In summary, it is our policy to:
- Only collect as much information as is required to provide you with a service and meet our legal and service obligations;
- Store all collected information in a secure location;
- Encrypt all sensitive information such as passwords and credit card numbers using best-practice encryption methods;
- Provide access to the information by the owner as requested, or to a third party (such as law enforcement agencies) as it is required to do so by law;
- Provide the owner with the tools to add, edit or remove the information we have collected;
- Ensure all staff are engaged in binding agreements that protects the privacy of the information we collect;
- Protect all transactions to and from our website(s) that transmit sensitive information using a minimum 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate;
- Protect all data to and from our internal systems to and from our staff by secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection;
- Never sell or trade any information that has been collected without notifying the owner and allowing them to add, edit or remove the information we have collected.
How to contact us about privacy
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, please read the following details carefully and get in contact with us if you have any questions. You can contact us on: email@example.com
Collection and Purpose
- We may collect personal information from you in the course of our commercial dealings or by using our website, if you provide us with any personal information.
- In addition, we also collect cookies from your computer when you use our website, which enables us to tell when you use our website and also to help customise your website experience.
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible, whether in person, over the telephone, by email or on our website. Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, we may be unable to provide you with services and you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in supplying you with services and goods, or operating the website.
- We will only disclose personal information to an unrelated third party with your consent.
Access and correction
- National Privacy Principle 6 of the Australian Privacy Act allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out above.
- We have processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, including encryption of all data when it is transferred to our service providers and limitations on access to personal information within our organisation.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding our collection or use of your information and privacy, please contact our Director by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 03 9756 0444 during business hours.