The New range of KlevaKlip Joist Connectors have revolutionised the way joists are attached to bearers. An absolute must for every handyman and quickly becoming the preferred fixing method of many builders, the Joist Connector makes the set-out and fixing off of your substructure a breeze.
No longer is the Joist/Bearer interface the weakest connection in your deck, the Joist Connector replaces problematic skew nailing and triple grips, and allows fixings to be at 90 degrees to both joists and bearers, thus creating a much more positive and stable connection. Made from Nylon 6 Engineering Polymer – strong, tough, good UV stability – the Joist Connector will not rust and can be used in any harsh environment.
The Joist Connector has been designed to attach 45mm width Joists to 70mm, 90mm & 45mm width Bearers.
- No longer is the joist/bearer interface the weakest connection of your deck.
- Keeps your joists dry and prevents moisture-initiated degradation of joists and bearers caused by skew nailing.
- Allows you to lay out joists standing in position, simply (gun) nail them off in one operation.
- Unlike Triple-grip type products, the Joist Connector allows fixing to and stabilizes both sides of your joists to your bearer.
- Helps prevent long term squeaking problems when used on internal floor joists.
- Will not rust – can be used in any harsh environment.
- Made from Nylon 6 Engineering Polymer – strong, tough, good UV stability.
- Fix with gun-nails, manual nails or screws.
- Aesthetic design – looks good when the underneath of your deck or pergola is exposed.
- Can be painted without problems of paint adherence.
Fixings required joist connector to bearer:
- 2 fixings on each side of bearer
- Cyclone areas C1 & C2 – 3 Fixings on each side of bearer (not suitable for areas C3 & C4)
Fixings required joist connector to joist:
- Less than 1 metre off the ground – 1 fixing each side of joist
- Higher than 1 metre off the ground – 2 fixings each side of joist
- Cyclone areas C1 & C2 – 3 fixings each side of joist (not suitable for areas C3 & C4)
- 35mm x 3.15mm timber connector nails
- 32mm x 2.7 Hot Dipped Galvanised coil nails or equivalent (not suitable in cyclone areas)
- 35mm x 8g Galvanised stitching screws (not suitable in Cyclone areas)
Note: Stainless steel equivalents of the above should be used in high corrosion areas.
|Dimensions||7 x 10 x 8 mm|